Skip to main content

Supernatural

When I first saw the trailer of the show, I thought the usual horror show that used to be so boring. But after watching the first season it blew me away. It's a mini horror movie every week with a unique story. It brings American urban legends into your home each episode. From the exceptional writing to the awesome soundtrack, this TV show is a step above the rest. I love seeing the dynamic between the brothers, Sam and Dean. It's like whatever happened in the past, the family is always family. Special effects were so great, it's like watching Avengers And that car. The brothers travel across America with the classic '67 Impala, With the classic rock music blaring on the cassette player and the roar of the engine, My god someone has a taste. this car is soo cool!

The story is all about paranormal phenomena and mythological creatures, but the storytelling technique pulls you in and holds your attention, making you want to know a lot more about those supernatural things and also the rules that govern their shadow world. I liked those stories a lot. Each week they focus on a different myth such as the woman in white, bloody mary, vampires, etc. Each handled very well and with a surprising amount of knowledge. You can tell that ghost storytelling is a real labor of love for the creators. They also introduce a lot of lesser-known myths such as the wendigo, shrika etc. The team has done their homework and I can not wait to see what creatures appear in later episodes. The references to other supernatural shows like the x-files and Ghostbusters is an extra add on a treat for the fans of these genres. It is like they hit into my mind and put down all my preferred past times on celluloid. Well, the ones that can be looked at by under 18's.I wouldn't say Supernatural has "made scary sexy". I would say its made scary cool again. If only I could be cool again too.

Overall, I think Supernatural is one of the best shows on TV. After season 3 that faded due to lack of content. But still, it's enjoyable.

Recommendation: Recommended.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

True Detective

While surfing IMDb for a new show to watch I came across True Detective, a show that had received excellent reviews across the board.IMDb ratings had been pretty reliable in giving me an idea of good a show would be. Season one deserved ten on ten, In fact, It's one of the best pieces of television series I've ever seen. That was a masterpiece. We have Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson playing the leads as 'Detective Rust and Marty' respectively, judging by first viewing, the hope & expectation rises automatically, they won't disappoint you. They are both very different characters yet very strong in their characterization, we get to know how they were in the 90s, and how they have changed into the present day, and how they both have different issues. The overall feel of the show is a little dark, but the mood seems perfect for the show & the cast compliment that brilliantly in season one. True Detective could well be right up there in the future but...

Lost

It's Intriguing, mind-bending, well written, perfectly acted, and the story was masterfully told through flashbacks (which I found rather fascinating). Although the finale to Lost was quite underwhelming, it's the moments in between the first episode and the last episode that really make these, one of the greatest. The only thing to say 'It's good to be a little lost.' Recommendation : Recommended.

Rick and Morty

Rick and Morty is easily the best animated show on television right now. Shows like The Simpsons, Futurama and Archer were presumed to have set the bar for animated series in the modern era. With all due respect, Rick and Morty walked in with elements from all these great animated shows and simply decimated the competition. The show features aliens, alien planets, wormholes, time travel, alternate dimensions, rapid cellular evolution, space travel, and mutation. Disintegration, talking dogs, sentient robots, shrink rays, growth rays, a giant naked Santa Claus in low orbit around the Earth. The humor, the creativity is absolutely mind-blowing. Sometimes it's not comfortable to watch, but that's one thing that makes it so hilarious. It's really dark sometimes and the viewer with a good sense of humor will appreciate that. Sometimes they are dumb, sometimes smart, and sometimes raunchy, but they are always funny. Whatever your expectations of where an episode will go, yo...