Skip to main content

Death Note

This is anime, at its best. I'm relatively new to the world of anime, but I have to say from what I've seen so far that Death Note goes above and beyond from your action based anime. Whereas a lot of anime relies on action-packed battles and fights, Death Note is a refreshing change of pace. The story is slick, witty and smart enough that makes you always guessing. It depicts a cat-and-mouse game that keeps taking turns going for and against the two lead foes. What I like the most is that this is very complex material but it's nicely presented so each new development in the case comes as an exciting shock. I would definitely recommend it.


Recommendation: Highly recommended.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rick and Morty

Rick and Morty is easily the best animated show on television right now. Shows like The Simpsons, Futurama and Archer were presumed to have set the bar for animated series in the modern era. With all due respect, Rick and Morty walked in with elements from all these great animated shows and simply decimated the competition. The show features aliens, alien planets, wormholes, time travel, alternate dimensions, rapid cellular evolution, space travel, and mutation. Disintegration, talking dogs, sentient robots, shrink rays, growth rays, a giant naked Santa Claus in low orbit around the Earth. The humor, the creativity is absolutely mind-blowing. Sometimes it's not comfortable to watch, but that's one thing that makes it so hilarious. It's really dark sometimes and the viewer with a good sense of humor will appreciate that. Sometimes they are dumb, sometimes smart, and sometimes raunchy, but they are always funny. Whatever your expectations of where an episode will go, yo...

Lost

It's Intriguing, mind-bending, well written, perfectly acted, and the story was masterfully told through flashbacks (which I found rather fascinating). Although the finale to Lost was quite underwhelming, it's the moments in between the first episode and the last episode that really make these, one of the greatest. The only thing to say 'It's good to be a little lost.' Recommendation : Recommended.